Friday, April 16, 2010

Personal Image: Week 3.

A picture is definitely worth a thousand words. As simple as this image may look, it still has a strong message about living everyday life. The guys in this picture are Justin (left) and Michael (right), and yes, these boys are indeed friends and roommates. I decided to visit these guys in their hall, and we were all outside of their door chatting with each other. Do you ever have one of those conversations that escalate to joy and laughter? I'm sure most of have gone through conversations that make us really bond closer to the people we're talking to. Well in this case, I was lucky enough to capture that moment at the right time. I think we were all caught up in the moment of laughter because we were all in a positive environment. Michael was in such a good mood, that he brought his positive energy to the conversation. Naturally, Michael is always funny and makes everyone laugh. However, Justin is on the more serious side, and it's sometimes even harder to get his out of his comfort zone. I think it's nice to finally see a different side to Justin, especially when he's laughing and showing more emotion through his face. I feel like this is one of the rare moments that people should take pictures of when it comes to our friends.

So you're probably also wondering why the quote is posted below the image. I believe that it is true that "laughter, is a smile that bursts," because without smiling, or even being able to be "happy" at the moment, how could you even manage to laugh? I personally feel that it first starts with a smile on someone's face, and then it "bursts" into what we call laughter and joy. As I have said before, for anybody who doesn't often show emotion in his face, this is considered to be a rare moment if they laugh. Overall, this image makes me appreciate the fact that I am able to enjoy the happiness and laughter that friends can have together. I'm glad I able to take a shot of this at the right moment. The quote just adds another special element to this picture, and it really explains an important message. It just goes to show you that friends are not only going to be important in college, but they will be for a lifetime. Nothing is better than having friends to put a smile on your face and give you laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment